Wednesday, July 1, 2009

UP

So I finally saw Up (in 3D of course!) and it was as great as I expected! To be honest, I had only seen one or two short previews so I wasn't quite sure what the movie was about. I just wanted to see it and knew it would be great because it was a Disney animated film and you can hardly go wrong with that.

Let me just say, I hadn't been to a 3D movie (or maybe I've never been it's been so long I can't remember) or maybe I should say I hadn't seen a 3D movie since I was a kid. Oh wait, does the Shrek Experience at Universal Studios count?? OK so I have been to a 3D movie lately BUT I always thought of 3D glasses being the paper frame/plastic red and blue lenses (minus the Universal experience but I just thought Universal was way ahead of the game). When I decided to see Up in 3D, I was totally expecting to be wearing the red and blue, flimsy, uncomfortable glasses. Man, has 3D changed since my childhood days!!

Since I was so late in seeing the movie, I had already heard stories and reviews from friends who already saw it. I heard it was good, sad, cute blah blah blah.

Well, here's my personal review...
Let's start from the beginning, I mean beginning beginning - the previews.
So the previews were in 3D as well, (promoting other 3D movies obviously) and those in itself were entertaining. If I had seen these previews in regular 2D (is that right, 2D??) I would've just thought, oh looks good maybe I'll go see that or movie sucks, I'll wait for DVD or skip it altogether. But 3D made me want to see all the movies that were previewed. Hmmm maybe something for the marketing folks to think about.

On to the actual movie -
Up starts out cute, with Carl and Ellie meeting as young children. Then it's a bit slow, although still very entertaining, throughout their adult years. Finally the expected sad part comes (don't worry no spoilers here, or was that just a spoiler?!?!) followed by all the action a children's animated film can offer. The whole movie is very entertaining and extremely cute, Carl's sidekick Russell is the best! Along with all that, the movie is very touching.

All in all, I can't say there's a bad or boring part in the movie. Each character has, well what else, CHARACTER! The story line is fantastic and original and the colors, graphics and animation was amazing. Even the credits were cleverly done. All in all, the movie was funny!

This is a movie anyone can enjoy whether it's your type of movie or not.

"And that's all I have to say about that."
~Forrest Gump

No comments:

Post a Comment