Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Public Enemies by mary

To me this was your typical gangster reenactment movie with a love story thrown in. Man robs bank, man makes tons of money, man sees pretty girl, man approaches pretty girl, man sweeps pretty girl off her feet, man robs more banks, man gets arrested, man escapes prison, man tells his girlfriend they'll be together again, WOMAN gets arrested for getting involved with a bad man, man finds replacement girlfriend, man gets sold out by replacement girlfriend/hooker, man gets killed. As typical as the story was, it was supposed to be the story of real life gangster John Dillinger, but we all heard this story before both fact and fiction.

I did not learn anything new about John Dillinger. I learned more about John Dillinger's from his Wikipedia page than I did from the movie.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the movie or even dislike it. I enjoyed it, the acting was great - Johnny Depp is always a pleasure to watch in whatever he does - cinematography, costume and set design were also great. The problem is, I had to go to John D's wiki page to get more info about his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment